Friday, June 27, 2014

Felt Christmas Tree Tutorial

Materials: 
at least 1 cardboard cone 
glue
balls/bells/berries decorations
about 20 inches of 36" wide felt per tree, depending on the size of the tree

Step 1: Gather materials.



Step 2: Strip your felt. I started out with strips that were 1 inch wide. I found this was too large, so I reduced them to 1/2 inch wide and that seemed to do the trick!


Step 3: Glue on your balls/berries/bells. I used hot glue to attach the sparkly foam balls onto the tree, at random spots. 

Step 4: Starting at the top, attach your felt. I did a little strip of tacky glue at a time, approximately the width of how high I wanted each layer of felt to be. Wind the felt strips in an "s" pattern. Keep gluing and winding the felt until you've reached the bottom of the tree!


Step 5: Let stand to dry, then display!

No comments:

Post a Comment