Friday, June 27, 2014

Adventure Boy "Big Boy" Quilt

I made this quilt for my cousin's 6th birthday. He had outgrown the baby quilt that I made him and needed a quilt that he can use for a few years.  This quilt is a reproduction of another scrap quilt I have made, the Little Sister's "Big Girl" Quilt.

Materials:
various scraps from my sewing room (some from his baby quilt)
quilting cotton for border 
quilting cotton backing
self-made quilting cotton binding
Warm 'n Natural cotton batting

I quilted with freehand stippling.

Adventure Boy "Big Boy" Quilt Top


Adventure Boy "Big Boy" Quilt Border Detail


Adventure Boy "Big Boy" Quilt Backing and Detail

My favourite part of this quilt: The neon thread used as detailing. It is Coats brand. I used their lighter neon green on the back and lighter neon blue on the front. I used their lighter neon orange thread to attach the binding.

No comments:

Post a Comment