Friday, June 27, 2014

Savannah's Forest Theme Quilt

This is a commission I did for the mother of a friend, who also had me make some receiving blankets for her. Her description of what she wanted was that it had to be forest themed, with animals on it. This is one of my favourites of the quilts I have made. The skunk and moose are so cute.

Materials:
quilting cottons
quilting cotton backing
self-made quilting cotton binding
Heat 'n Bond
Warm 'n Natural cotton batting


Forest Theme Quilt Top


My favourite parts of this quilt are the animal appliques. I drew them from pictures of animals, and have had such a hard time deciding which of the moose or skunk is my favourite.







What I learned from making this quilt: Properly piecing windmill blocks is hard! This is the first time I have ever done windmills. While there is room for improvement, I am happy with the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment