Friday, June 27, 2014

Pastel Alphabet Quilt

I have discovered a love for quilt panels. They are fast to work with, and it is often easy to find a coordinating background and binding. This is a pastel version of another panel quilt I have done.

My favourite part of this quilt is the rick rack trim. I really appreciate the way this orange border pops and sets off the other colours in the quilt.

Materials:
cotton flannelette for backing
cotton quilt panel
Warm 'n Natural cotton quilt batting
rick rack trim
pre-made broadcloth fold-over binding

The quilting method I used was freehand machine stippling.


Pastel Alphabet Quilt Front


Pastel Alphabet Quilt Backing and Detail

What I learned from this quilt: Rick rack can make an interesting focal point when added to the binding frame of a quilt. I received this tip from a co-worker.

No comments:

Post a Comment